This leftover turkey risotto recipe is the perfect way to use up any leftover turkey on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Plus, it’s quick to make, thus giving you more time to spend with your loved ones. Best of all, kids love this!
It’s a recipe that you can enjoy year round! Because not only is this the perfect recipe to use up leftover turkey, but it can also be made with chicken and chicken breast meat if you like.
Serve it with steamed vegetables and you’re all set for a delicious and healthy meal.
Butter. You can use olive oil if you like. Butter just gives you a richer flavor, but it’s really no big deal.
Onion. Any cooking onion will do for this recipe.
Garlic. When you got meat, you also gotta have your garlic! The more the merrier, but if making this for kids, two cloves is plenty.
Arborio rice. It has to be arborio rice in order to get that creamy texture that we’re going for in a risotto recipe.
Chicken stock. Use whatever brand you have on hand.
Parmesan cheese. I use the parmesan that comes in a plastic container. You can use shredded or shred your own, whichever you prefer.
Cooked turkey. I like to use the breast meat, because the risotto helps to add more flavor. But you can use whatever you like.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup Hack
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe Using Canned Soup
- Tomato Cabbage Soup
- Leftover Roast Beef Casserole
Leftover Turkey Risotto Recipe
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cups turkey
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring stock to a simmer, and leave it on simmer until cooking process is complete
- In another saucepan, melt the butter. Then add the onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
- Then add the rice and one ladle of chicken broth.
- Add the thyme.
- Once the chicken broth is absorbed into the rice, spoon in another. Continue this process, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- Add the turkey.
- Continue to cook for about another 10 minutes, spooning in more broth as needed, one ladle at a time.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the parmesan, stir and enjoy!