Here is an easy taco salad recipe that you can make ahead for family or community events. It’s delicious and healthy, and is one of the dishes that everyone will enjoy from kid to adult, especially when they see the Tostitos on top!
It is super easy to whip this up. The only thing that you need to cook is the ground beef.
As for the veggies, you simply chop them up. Then depending on when you are going to serve the salad, you can either throw them into a large salad bowl, or store each vegetable in a separate container until you’re ready for serving. Everything will stay much fresher if each item has it’s own container in the fridge. Plus, if you keep the meat separate, you can quickly zap it in the microwave for a minute or two before serving.
This way you can quickly serve up a huge salad for a potluck, or take just what you need to make small salads for yourself over the next few days.
It’s a meal in a dish, so can basically take this to work for lunch, or have your supper ready for you when you get home.
Either way, this salad is not only a huge time-saver; but it is nutritious, so you can relax knowing your family is eating somewhat healthy.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Salad Recipe with Baby Greens and Blue Cheese
- Oven Baked Kale Chips Recipe
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Ground Beef with Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese
- Easy Meatball Recipe
Easy Taco Recipe with Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 med. onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/2 bag Tostitos Chips
- On medium heat, place ground beef into a medium sized frying pan and begin to break it up using a spatula.
- Chop up the onion and add to the meat once it's browned. Do the same with the garlic.
- Once the meat is fully cooked and the onions are translucent, add the taco seasoning and finish cooking as per package instructions.
- Chop up all your vegetables and put them into a large salad bowl.
- Add the grated cheese and dressing.
- Allow the meat to cool down to a warm temperature before adding it to the salad.
- Top with Tostitos and enjoy!