Not only is this oven baked kale chips recipe healthy, but it’s also quick and easy to make. Your kids will enjoy helping you to make this just as much as they’ll enjoy sitting down to eat.
I know there are many brands out there, but I can almost guarantee that after you make your own kale chips, you’ll never want to eat the store-bought ones ever again!
The only thing is, you HAVE to eat them straight out of the oven. It sounds like a lot to eat a whole bunch of kale, but would you believe me if I told you that my almost four-year old eats almost the entire bunch by himself? He absolutely loves these, which makes me super happy.
This is a very basic recipe made from fresh kale, and you can build on it simply by adding spices and other flavors such as garlic powder, chilli powder, cumin, and cayenne, just to name a few.
You can also add nutritional yeast, soy sauce and nut butters.
For super spicy chips, I like to coat my kale with a modified version of the Green Dragon Salad Dressing by Truth Calkins. I have to warn you, using only this dressing will result in extreme hot temperatures in your mouth. To avoid that you can dilute the dressing with more olive oil to cool it down a bit.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- Deli Turkey Roll Ups with Cream Cheese and Asparagus
- Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Recipe
- Frozen Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Oven Baked Kale Chips Recipe
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/16 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash kale. Remove stems and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Pat kale dry or put into a salad spinner to remove excess water.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt in a small bowl. Using a fork or whisk, mix together.
- Coat kale with the dressing making sure that all areas of the kale chips are thoroughly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and layer chips in a single layer.
- Bake at 275 degrees fahrenheit for about 15 minutes until they start to crisp a bit. Then flip them and bake for another 5-10 minutes until fully crisp. (Oven temperatures may vary, so check often to make sure they don't burn.)