These almond butter protein balls are quick and easy to make, and are the perfect snack any time of day! Kids love them and moms can feel good about them!
They are made with all natural ingredients. On top of that, the ingredients are high in protein to increase energy and reduce food cravings. I bet you can’t eat more than two. Even on an empty stomach, these bites are super filling!
You can omit the collagen powder, but why would you, it’s another protein powder. I’ve been using it for almost a year now and it’s become a habit to put it into almost anything from my tea to smoothies, salad dressings, and in my no bake energy bites.
I started taking it for my skin, but then I realized it’s also super awesome for the entire body including your hair, bones, muscles, your gut and even your brain, just to name a few! The best part is that you can’t taste it. So it’s perfectly kid-friendly!
Almond Butter Protein Balls
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes divided in half
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 scoops vanilla flavored protein powder (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp collagen powder optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 10 drops lemon+ essential oil (this is a food flavoring that has been approved for internal use. Substitute with lemon zest if you like.)
- Set aside half the coconut flakes in a small bowl or plate.
- In a food processor, grind down the oatmeal a bit.
- Add all ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls.
- Coat the balls with the coconut flakes and chill for 30-60 minutes before serving.
Purchase your goji berries and lemon+ essential oil flavoring through my MyYL store. Have you tried these, let us know in the comments how you liked them. Or, join our facebook group: Recipes and Homemaking