Here is a super simple way boost your morning oatmeal. It’s sweetened naturally with dates. The goji berries also add a touch of sweetness, but my main reason of putting them in is for their powerful antioxidants.
This recipe can be made with any oatmeal that you have in your cupboards. Simply follow the instructions on the package while also adding in my modifications.
Goji berries are also known as wolfberries. They can be found at most health food stores, or in the “health food” sections of some grocery stores.
Other ways to enjoy goji berries are in trail mixes and smoothies. Or soak them in some drinking water for some yummy finger foods for the little ones.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Scrambled Eggs With Peppers and Mushrooms
- Scrambled Eggs with Corn
- French Toast Recipe
- Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
Oatmeal with Dates and Goji Berries
- 4 pitted whole dates
- 1 cup water (Check package instructions)
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- Chop your dates and add them to a mortar. Measure out your water and add just a little bit into the mortar. Using a pestle make a paste, adding more water if needed. (You can also just do this in the pot using a wooden spoon.)
- Transfer your paste into a small pot along with the rest of the water. Stir.
- Follow instructions on package and cook oatmeal accordingly.
- Once oatmeal is cooked stir in your milk and simmer for an additional minute or two.
- Transfer to a bowl and add your goji berries.
- Allow to cool for a minute or two before serving.