This corn and beef taquitos recipe is quick and easy to make and cooks up in about 45 minutes. It’s delicious and kid-friendly, so you can make this fairly frequently without anyone complaining.
And did I mention that it is filling? It’s loaded with corn, ground beef and two cups of cheddar cheese to help keep you feeling full.
Another bonus is that you can store any leftovers in the fridge for a few days, making this a great recipe for everyone to enjoy!
Beef. Lean, organic and grass fed is my favorite, but choose whatever you normally get.
Corn. I used canned corn, but corn fresh from the cob will work just as well. The corn cooks up quickly in about 5 minutes or so, making it a perfect swap.
Taco Seasoning. Use whatever you normally use for tacos. I have my own homemade taco seasoning recipe, which is made with all natural ingredients. It’s a mild recipe, but if you like hot, by all means add a little more cayenne to spice it up!
If you decide to use a store bought seasoning, you may need to add in additional water as they generally contain thickening agents.
Tomato Sauce. You only need half a cup to give it the tomato flavor I was going for. I don’t know any cans that come that small, but you can save the leftovers in the fridge for a few days for use in other recipes.
Cheese. Choose your favorite brand of cheddar. I like to grate mine fresh at home, but to save time you can buy it shredded.
Tortillas. Choose your favorite from white, to whole wheat, corn or other specialty tortillas. I used whole wheat because they are healthier. But I have to be honest, in terms of flour tortillas, white taste the best. With that said, corn tortillas will really take you to Mexico!
Dipping Sauce. Plain old sour cream! You can always spice this up with lime and cilantro if you like. Plain sour cream also pairs well with salsa.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Ground Beef with Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese
- Easy Meatball Recipe
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- Salad Recipe with Baby Greens and Blue Cheese
Corn and Beef Taquitos
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Frying pan
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 12oz can corn, rinsed
- 12 7" flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for brushing the tops)
- 1 250ml sour cream (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- On medium heat, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan. Add ground beef and begin to break it up with a spatula.
- Add salt and pepper and continue to cook, breaking up the meat until it is browned. (about 5 minutes.)
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Next, stir in the tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Stir in the corn and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the meat mixture is cooked, begin spooning into the flour tortillas. Divide half the cheddar cheese over the meat mixture and begin rolling the taquitos up on the baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 425 F for about 15 to 20 minutes until crisp to your liking.
- Serve with sour cream and/or your favorite salsa.