This taco wrap recipe is made with ground beef and carrots. It’s a great way to get your kids to eat carrots without them raising a fuss. As a matter of fact, they won’t even know that they are there as they blend right in when you grate them.
This recipe can be cooked up in as little as 30 minutes, including prep time!
What’s even better is that leftovers taste just as great the next day or even in 2-3 days. Simply store all ingredients separately in the fridge and assemble only what you will eat prior to eating.
Ground Beef. Organic and free run ground beef tastes the best, but choose any meat that you prefer.
Onion. Any onions will work here…I normally go for white or yellow. One medium sized onion equals about 1 cup chopped onions.
Garlic. 1 big clove, or two small cloves is all you need. If you have picky eaters who don’t like garlic, you can always go with less.
Carrots. You can buy big bags of carrots, or get them in a bunch with the greenery still intact. The exact amount is not relevant, but I generally try to aim for 1-2 cups per pound of ground beef.
Taco Seasoning. I used my homemade taco seasoning, but feel free to use whatever you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the amount of water needed if you’re using a packet.
Wraps. I prefer whole wheat because they give you a more even supply of energy. But honestly, any wraps, including lettuce wraps will work.
Toppings. Choose whatever toppings you like! I prefer tomatoes, avocados, and lettuce. Shown above is just with plain tomatoes, because really, tomatoes are all you need for a topping!
Dressing. The dressing just adds the finishing touch. It’s quick to make with only sour cream, mayonnaise and a touch of lime, sea salt and black pepper. If you don’t have lime on hand, you can also make this with lemon juice, ACV, white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Corn and Beef Taquitos Recipe
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Ground Beef with Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- Easy Meatball Recipe
Ground Beef and Carrot Taco Wraps
Ground Beef Mixture
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 small carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- 12 – 7" Whole wheat wraps, or your favorite wraps.
- Cover the bottom of a medium-sized frying pan with olive oil. Brown ground beef in a medium frying pan along with salt and pepper.
- Add in the onion and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Lastly, add the taco seasoning and water. Continue to cook, uncovered for about another 5 minutes.
- While the ground beef cooks, stir together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Heat tortillas in the oven or microwave.
- Spread a thin layer of dressing on the bottom of each wrap. When the meat is done, spoon into tortillas.
- Add your favorite toppings such as tomatoes, avocado and lettuce.
- Top with another spoonful of dressing and enjoy!