In a hurry to get supper on the table? Why not try this delicious ground beef with potatoes recipe? It cooks up in less than an hour from start to finish and is sure to please the entire family!
This is a meal in a dish that you can serve up with a simple slice of buttered bread and your favorite side salad.
The recipe has lots of cheddar cheese. I love the cheddar, even though it’s fattening because every now and then you have to treat yourself! With that said, if you want to make this a healthier dish you can cut the cheddar in half and still have a delicious meal.
And then to take it even further go with extra lean grass-fed ground beef. Not only is this healthier, but oh the taste! I swear once you try this, you’ll never want to go back to the regular grain-fed stuff again!
Another bonus of this recipe is mushrooms! Yes, mushrooms! Ever since I heard on Dr. Oz and Rachael Ray that they can help our bodies fight the current pandemic, I’ve been adding them in with pretty much all my ground beef meals. If you chop them up finely, they blend right in and you don’t even know that they’re there. Not even your pickiest eaters that generally don’t want mushrooms will enjoy them this way.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Easy Meatball Recipe
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- Oven Baked Kale Chips Recipe
- Deli Turkey Roll Ups with Cream Cheese and Asparagus
Ground Beef with Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup onion, diced (about 1 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 4 cups potatoes, diced (about 5 medium)
- 1 1/5 cup beef broth (284ml)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and brown ground beef for about 5 minutes along with the salt and pepper.
- Next, add the onions and garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes until they begin to change color.
- Add the mushrooms, and again, sautee for about 2-3 minutes until they begin to change color.
- Add the potatoes and beef broth and bring to a gentle boil. Cook, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a few days.