Here is an easy meatball recipe that anyone can master. But don’t be fooled by easy, these meatballs are soft and juicy, and will be enjoyed by all family members: kid to adult.
Although you need about two and a half hours to make these, there really isn’t much work to do. I just like to sauté these in a frying pan until they change color and then transfer them into a pot with the spaghetti sauce to simmer for about two hours. With that said, you don’t want to wander away from the kitchen too far as you still need to stir on occasion to make sure that they don’t burn.
You can also bake these for about 20 to 30 minutes. About 20 minutes at 400 F, or about 30 minutes at 350 F.
Another option is to just panfry until done.
You know they are done when the internal temperatures reaches of 160 F (71 C)
Bread Crumbs. I use plain bread crumbs, because that then allows me to add other flavors the way I like it. You can easily make your own from the bread in your kitchen. You can also crush down some corn flakes and use that as well.
Milk. I used dairy, but you can also use your favorite nut milk. Anything from almonds, soy, oat or rice milks will work.
Parmesan. I buy the grated stuff that you can refrigerate after opening.
Italian Seasoning. I make my own Italian seasoning, but if you have a favorite blend you can use that instead.
Ground Beef. Buy lean and organic grass fed. Much more nutritious and also tastes much better!
Pasta Sauce. Choose your favorite pasta sauce that you normally use. Or even make your own. Personally, I like to use one with lots of garlic flavors, but basil and tomato is good too.
Pasta. Serve this with your favorite kind of pasta! Honestly, these meatballs will go with just about anything that is out there. Above it is pictured with einkorn spaghetti, but regular or anything on the “health” shelf will work just as well.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Ground Beef with Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe
- Oven Baked Kale Chips Recipe
Easy Meatball Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 650 ml jars pasta sauce (You need enough to cover the meatballs in the pot)
- Soak bread crumbs in milk. Set aside.
- While that soaks, prepare and measure out the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl along with the soaked bread crumbs.
- Shape into meatballs.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil. Saute meat balls until brown on the outside.
- In a medium sized saucepan and on medium heat, bring pasta sauce to a boil. Add meatballs.
- Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- You don’t need to cook them that long. You can remove them as soon as they reach 160 F or 71 C. But the longer you simmer them, the softer they get.
Leave a Reply