This easy banana milkshake recipe is easy enough for kids to make. It’s a great recipe to teach them how to be independent in the kitchen. With that said, this banana milkshake is perfect for everyone.
This milkshake has a lot of milk in it, so the banana taste isn’t as dominant. However, with the bit of honey and vanilla you get so much flavor that you’ll want to make this on a regular basis. But if you like, you can always decrease the amount of milk, or throw in another banana.
I like to make mine with whole milk, which I know is fattening, but the taste compared to other kinds of milk is incredible. So every once in a while, I like to treat myself.
When it comes to choosing bananas, I’ve noticed that everyone has their own preference. I like mine with brown spots, but still firm. One great thing about bananas is that they freeze well. So once they have those rich brown spots I like to peel them, break them into 1″ pieces and freeze them.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled to make enough for the family and a group of friends.
- Omit the honey if making this for a baby under one years old.
- Substitute almond or coconut milk for the whole milk.
- Use less milk for a thicker and banana-rich milkshake.
- Add other fruits and berries like mango and strawberries.
- Other things to try include ice cream, nut butters or yogurt.
Easy Banana Milkshake Recipe
- 1 banana
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients and blend on high for a minute or two until smooth.