This matcha green tea recipe is quick and easy to make and is a great alternative to your morning coffee. It’s got antioxidants, caffeine and other goodies to help jump-start your day.
Matcha green tea powder is quite expensive, but the benefits of this tea are well worth it. Among the many benefits are increased energy levels, mental clarity, boosts the immune system, aids in weight loss and fights against fungal infections and heart problems!
There are different grades of matcha powder ranging from a bright green to a dark green as well as an off-green color. My personal favorite is the bright green, but you can use any one that you like. I get mine at health food stores, or online.
You can make this matcha latte recipe with mct oil or with regular coconut oil. Mct oil is said to put your body into ketosis faster, but coconut oil gives it a richer coconut flavor. So it’s really up to you. Or, you can even omit the oil altogether, especially if you’re making this with a whole milk.
How to Make Matcha Green Tea Latte
If you’ve ever made a matcha latte, you know how clumpy the powder can get. Even with the “matcha” whisk that I once had, I found it tricky to get all the little clumps out.
One way to go about it is to sift your matcha before making it. But my favorite way is to add the matcha to a cup along with the mct or coconut oil. Then with a small spoon, stir until the matcha is dissolved. It literally only takes a few stirs until the oil dissolves.
Next add your milk and whip out your frother to bring about a nice bubbly texture. These are really cheap to buy for like 10 to 20 bucks, and will last a long time.
Once that is done, simply add the rest of your ingredients and give it another stir to combine.
Use your favorite flavorings! I love a rich vanilla flavor for my matcha, but you can also make this with peppermint, caramel, cardamom, orange, chai, and a whole host of other flavors.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Hot Chocolate Recipe with Cocoa Powder
- Strawberry Milkshake
- Easy Banana Milkshake
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- Easy Tropical Smoothie Recipe
Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp mct oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 tsp honey (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or any milk of your choice, including almond, rice or coconut.)
- Add matcha powder and mct oil to your cup. With a plastic or wooden spoon, mix the two together until smooth. (This works much better than a whisk to get the lumps out of the matcha. The choice is yours, however.)
- Add in the honey, vanilla and hot water.
- Next, add your milk and froth using a milk frother. Alternatively, you can heat your milk and whisk it until it bubbles before adding it to your tea.