This matcha green tea recipe is quick and easy to make and is a great alternative to your morning coffee. It’s got antioxidants, caffeine and other goodies to help jump-start your day.
Matcha green tea powder is quite expensive, but the benefits of this tea are well worth it. Among the many benefits are increased energy levels, mental clarity, boosts the immune system, aids in weight loss and fights against fungal infections and heart problems!
There are different grades of matcha powder ranging from a bright green to a dark green as well as an off-green color. My personal favorite is the bright green, but you can use any one that you like. I get mine at health food stores, or online.
Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp mct oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 tsp honey (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Add matcha powder and mct oil to your cup. With a plastic or wooden spoon, mix the two together until smooth. (This works much better than a whisk to get the lumps out of the matcha. The choice is yours, however.)
- Add in the honey, vanilla and hot water.
- Next, add your milk and froth using a milk frother. Alternatively, you can heat your milk and whisk it until it bubbles before adding it to your tea.