This hot chocolate recipe is made from scratch with cocoa powder. It’s a healthier version made with almond milk and coconut oil. And it’s super sweet!
The coconut oil helps to give it that rich flavor without having to add unhealthy fats. With that said, you could simply use whole milk and omit the coconut oil.
It is sweetened with marshmallows and a bit of honey to make this the best hot chocolate recipe you’ve ever had! With that said, I do find it a tad bit too sweet for my liking, but my son loves it this way.
Best of all, it’s quick and easy to make. So easy even that your kids can help to measure things out into the pot.
Hot Chocolate Recipe with Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond milk plain and unsweetened
- 8 big marshmallows
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small pot, melt the coconut oil.
- Spoon in the cocoa powder and stir to combine and smooth out any cocoa chunks.
- Add the almond milk and marshmallows, and bring to a boil or until marshmallows are almost melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour into two cups and enjoy!