This frozen banana ice cream recipe is perfect for dessert or as a cool summer treat. It’s delicious and can be made without an ice cream maker!
All you need is a food processor to make this, and after the bananas are frozen, it only takes a few minutes to whip this up.
This is a plain recipe, but you can add your favorite spices like cinnamon and nutmeg and/or protein powders. And if you like nuts in your ice cream, you can do that too!
What makes this banana ice cream taste so great is a bit of heavy whipping cream. There’s just something about bananas and cream that makes my world go around! If you have an allergy, or don’t want the cream you can omit it and still have a tasty ice cream that the entire family will enjoy!
I also have to warn you that it’s very sweet and if you wanted to, you could make this without the honey as well.
How to Freeze Bananas
- Peel and slice bananas about half an inch thick.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer sliced bananas to the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and freeze for about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and transfer into a freezer-safe bag or another container.
- Date and freeze for about 2-3 months.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Recipe
- Easy Banana Milkshake
- Hot Chocolate Recipe with Cocoa Powder
- Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
- Almond Butter Protein Balls
Frozen Banana Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 dash sea salt
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Serve immediately!