Here is a delicious recipe for a leftover roast beef casserole. I’ve added plenty of veggies to make this a meal in a dish to help you save on dishes. And if you love cheese, like me, I’ve added a lot of that as well! But, you can always go less if you like.
Plus, it’s quick and easy to make and kid friendly! Better yet, it makes for great leftovers to take to school or work.
Beef Casserole Ingredients
Olive oil. Use whatever oil you normally use. Butter is another option, especially for the peas.
Onion. Use any white or yellow cooking onions.
Fresh rosemary. I prefer fresh when I have it, but you can also use dried. The fresh tastes better and also gives you a beautiful aroma in your kitchen. If using dried, go with about 1 tsp.
Carrots. Two large carrots is about all that you need.
Potatoes. Use whatever white or red potatoes you have in your pantry.
Frozen peas. Peas go so well with just about any dish, including meats, potatoes and carrots. I added two whole cups, but feel free to go less if you prefer.
Roast beef. Use any leftover roast that you have in your fridge.
Gravy. I like to use a homemade gravy made from the beef drippings, but other beef gravies will work as well.
Cheddar cheese. I LOVE cheese, and so do kids! I used at least 3 cups in this casserole, if not more. Feel free to use less if you prefer less.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Roast Beef Hash Recipe
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Ground Beef and Italian Sausage Pasta Dish
- Ground Beef with Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese
- Fusilli Al Forno
Leftover Roast Beef Casserole
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil (just enough to cover the bottom of a large pan)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups roast beef, diced
- 1 cup gravy
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté the onion with the olive oil and rosemary for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and saute for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer for another 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender, but not fully cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gravy, half the cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes.