Make this easy beef gravy from your roast beef drippings, or with canned beef broth. Either way, it’s delicious for your meat and mashed potato dishes. Plus, it’s quick to make.
Homemade gravy is a nice alternative to anything that comes in a packet because it’s made with all natural ingredients.
Beef Gravy Ingredients
Roast beef drippings. There is nothing like the fresh drippings from a roast beef to make a gravy. But, if you’re not cooking a roast, a can of beef broth will work too. And if you’re doing a different kind of meat, like turkey or chicken, this gravy works with those drippings too!
Flour. The flour is used as a thickening agent. I use whole wheat, but white flour or another thickening agent, such as cornstarch, can be used as well.
Water. I like to add water because it helps for the gravy to remain darker. But you can also add milk.
Heavy cream. To give it a rich creamy taste, I like to add some heavy cream. The cream really lightens the gravy, but the choice is yours, as you can just as easily omit it.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Roast Beef Hash Recipe
- Ground Beef and Italian Sausage Pasta Dish
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Ground Beef and Carrot Taco Wraps
- Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Easy Beef Gravy Recipe
- 1 cup roast beef drippings (or beef broth)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat or white flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add drippings to the pan. Gradually stir in the flour and cook for about a minute until it becomes thick, stirring constantly.
- Add the water and cream. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5-10 minutes until gravy is at its desired thickness.
- Serve with your favorite meat and mashed potato dishes.