This easy meatloaf recipe is kid-friendly and can be served with a variety of side dishes. It takes an hour to bake, but prep time is no more than 15 minutes, making this a great dish to serve any night of the week.
It goes well with mashed potatoes and your favorite green vegetable dish. Peas and corn, green beans, asparagus and broccoli are just a few ideas that could be served with this.
Bread crumbs. I like to use plain bread crumbs that you can buy from the store. You can also make your own from toasted bread, corn flakes or plain crackers.
Milk. Use any kind of milk, including your favorite nut or rice milk.
Ground beef. I like to use lean, but use whatever you have in your fridge.
Egg. The egg is a binder that helps the meatloaf stay in one piece as it bakes. Use any egg, but free run and organic will provide more nutrition for you.
Onion. Any cooking onions will do here. One onion is about one cup of diced onion.
Garlic. Garlic and ground beef go hand in hand. It gives the meat a rich flavor, not to mention a few health benefits for the body.
Italian seasoning. You can purchase Italian seasoning mixes, or you can make your own. I use this homemade Italian seasoning recipe.
Worcestershire sauce. Worcestershire sauce is not only flavorful, but it also helps to keep the meatloaf moist as it bakes.
Ketchup. Same with ketchup, it provides moisture while providing a delicious flavor that pretty much all kids love.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Ground Beef and Italian Sausage Pasta Dish
- Ground Beef and Carrot Taco Wraps
- Ground Beef with Potatoes and Cheddar Cheese
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- Roast Beef Hash Recipe
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, soak bread crumbs with milk. Set aside.
- Chop onions and mince garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine meat with the egg and soaked bread crumbs along with the rest of the ingredients for the meatloaf.
- Spray a loaf pan and transfer meatloaf to the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the glaze.
- Spread the glaze over the meatloaf. Bake, uncovered, for about 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Don’t overcook as that can cause it to fall apart.