Make this ham and egg frittata recipe on the weekend or on any day of the week! It is a healthy way to start your day and it doesn’t take much time to whip together in a Dutch oven. Then the cooking time in the oven is just the time you need to get your table set and lunch packed!
This recipe is great if you have a family or if you eat your breakfast by yourself because any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
If you have picky eaters, you can serve this up with a bowl of cereal and a slice of their favorite toast. Another way to get them to eat is to call it “Green Eggs and Ham!” What kid doesn’t want to try green eggs and ham???
The Ingredients for Ham and Egg Frittata
Eggs. I like to use free run and organic eggs. But any eggs will work.
Heavy cream. I like to add cream to my eggs because it gives them a nice rich texture.
Butter. Use whatever butter, or even an oil for sauteing your onions and spinach.
Green onions. I used green onions, but cooking onions work here too.
Ham. Use any ham, whether it be home-cooked, or precooked or smoked in a store-bought package.
Spinach. The spinach adds a nice touch of green to the eggs, and also adds loads of healthy nutrition. You don’t really have to measure, I go with one small pack or half of a big pack of spinach and it always turns out good.
Subscribe for Updates & Lots More Recipes!
Other Recipes to Try:
- Easy Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms
- Scrambled Eggs With Peppers and Mushrooms
- Scrambled Eggs with Corn
- French Toast Recipe
Ham and Egg Frittata with Spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 5 cups spinach (about 5oz)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the salt and pepper along with the cream and whisk again to mix. Set aside.
- In a large dutch oven, melt butter on medium heat. Add green onions and saute about 3-5 minutes. Add spinach and ham and saute until wilted, for another 2 minutes.
- Pour the eggs over the spinach and onions. Allow to cook for about 1-2 minutes before scraping off the edges so the uncooked egg can run to the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook this way for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes until eggs are set.
- Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.