This is the best scrambled eggs recipe that you’ll ever make! At least it is one of my favorites! It’s made with corn, tomatoes and peppers. And you have the choice to add in your favorite cheese at the end. In my case, I love mozzarella, but there are many other cheeses that go well with eggs.
The reason I love this egg recipe so much is because of all the flavors. The corn is sweet, and goes super well with the savory vegetables and eggs. On top of that, it is healthy and filling. It is definitely a go-to breakfast recipe for picky eaters as kids will love this!
You can serve this with your favorite breakfast sausage and bacon. Or, just a plain slice of toast with jam and butter.
If your mornings are busy, you can prep your veggies the night before and have everything ready in a jiffy on the morning of.
Butter. When it comes to eggs, I generally prefer butter, but feel free to use whatever oil you like to use.
Onion. Use your favorite cooking onions.
Green bell pepper. I used green here to add more color. But honestly, any color of bell pepper will work. If you like spice, you can also add in some jalapeno or habanero!
Tomato. Any fresh tomatoes will work here.
Eggs. Organic and free run offer more nutrition. And they also taste less “eggy” which is ideal for kids.
Corn. I use canned corn. But freshly cooked corn will work too.
Heavy cream. It’s only 2 tablespoons of cream, but it adds a richer texture. You can omit this if you like.
Coriander. Dried coriander goes well with this recipe. Just one more burst of flavor to satisfy your taste buds.
Cheese. I used mozzarella, but as already mentioned, feel free to use your favorite. You can also omit the cheese if you like.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Scrambled Eggs with Corn
- Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms
- Scrambled Eggs With Peppers and Mushrooms
- Easy Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- Breakfast Casserole with Hash Browns and Ham
Best Scrambled Eggs Recipe with Corn, Tomatoes and Peppers
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- On medium heat, melt butter in a small frying pan. Saute onions, peppers and tomatoes for about 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the cream, corn, coriander, salt and pepper, and whisk again.
- Pour into the frying pan over the veggies.
- Allow to cook for about a minute until the eggs set a bit and then begin stirring.
- Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes until eggs are set.