This hash brown egg casserole can be whipped together in a few minutes and thrown in the oven to bake as you get everything else ready for the day. You can prep the cheese and veggies the night before so that it’s only a matter of mixing everything together in the morning.
You can serve this with bacon or breakfast sausage along with your morning toast for a delicious and filling meal to get you going.
Hash Brown Egg Casserole Ingredients
Eggs. I like organic and free run. They taste less eggy, and are way more nutritious than other eggs.
Hash browns. I get the diced and frozen ones. They are delicious and so convenient, but you can also dice up your own potatoes if you like.
Bell pepper. I used green for the image above, but any bell pepper will work. You can even go half and half on the colors for a colorful casserole.
Onion. Any regular onion will work for this recipe. You can also use green onions, they are super delicious here as well.
Greek yogurt. Use any plain Greek yogurt of your favorite brand. You can also substitute with equal amounts of sour cream if you like. Both taste yummy.
Cheddar cheese. I like cheddar because it goes good with both eggs and potatoes, but if you have a favorite, you could try that as well.
What To Do With Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave.
More Egg Recipes to Enjoy
Did you know that eggs are good for the brain? They are filling and loaded with lots of nutrition and healthy fats to get you going and keep you energized throughout the day; physically and mentally. So why not try the following recipes as well.
- Scrambled Eggs with Corn
- Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms
- Scrambled Eggs With Peppers and Mushrooms
- Chocolate French Toast
- Breakfast Casserole with Hash Browns and Ham
Easy Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- 4 eggs
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- Optional, over medium heat, saute onion and bell pepper for about 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients along with half the cheese.
- Stir together and transfer to a greased 8 by 8 baking dish.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 50-60 minutes.