If you’re looking for something quick and easy, this ham and broccoli stir fry recipe is the way to go! It makes for a nice side dish, and also goes extremely well with rice. Or, enjoy it on its own as a meal in a dish!
Jasmine and basmati are my two favorites, but I imagine pretty much any rice will go with this.
Best of all, this recipe is sweet, which means kids can enjoy it too! It’s an excellent way to get the greens into their systems without hassles.
The Ingredients for Ham and Pineapple Stir Fry
Butter. Butter has a rich flavor, which works great for sautéing. For a healthier option, you can go with olive oil.
Green onions. I like the green onions because they go well with pineapple. But regular diced onions can work too.
Smoked ham. I buy the packaged smoke ham, but any kind of ham will do.
Broccoli florets. Broccoli is the perfect green to help balance the sweetness of the pineapple. Plus, it’s delicious this way!
Red bell pepper. You can use any bell pepper, but I like the red because it adds a beautiful color to the mix.
Pineapple juice. Make your own, or purchase something that is as close to natural as possible. It’s just a much richer taste than some of the overly processed stuff.
Honey. Honey is the best sweetener to put into a stir fry. But, you can use whatever sweetener you like.
Corn starch. The corn starch is a thickening agent, so use whatever thickener you usually use.
Pineapple. You could use canned, but I ALWAYS prefer the fresh pineapple. The leftovers can be put into smoothies and many other dishes. Here is a delicious smoothie that calls for pineapple: Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Recipe
Other Recipes to Try:
- Ham and Pineapple Recipe
- Breakfast Casserole with Hash Browns and Ham
- Ground Beef and Italian Sausage Pasta Dish
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
Ham and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 cups smoked or cooked ham, cubed
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a medium sized frying pan, melt butter and add the green onion and saute for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the red pepper, broccoli, ham, salt and pepper, and cook for about 5-10 minutes until broccoli is done.
- In a small bowl combine the pineapple juice, honey and cornstarch. Add mixture to the frying pan along with the pineapple.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with rice.