Here is a delicious ham and pineapple recipe that you can serve with your favorite rice or a turkey dinner. It’s super quick and easy to make, and a delicious way to please your family and friends.
You’d be surprised at how well ham and pineapple go together… especially when you use real pineapple juice and honey. I swear those are key ingredients to making this recipe taste as good as it does. Oh and the cilantro! I’m a huge fan of fresh cilantro, which when mixed with the right ingredients can bring just about any dish to life! And it is SO good for you!!!
Ham. I’ll be honest and admit that I like to purchase those precooked or smoked packs of ham. They are a real time save and I love the taste! With that said, if you can get a raw piece of ham and cook it yourself, it’ll taste even better!
Green onions. Green onions are just what you need to go with the pineapple. You may be able to substitute regular onions, but for this recipe, I really wouldn’t unless absolutely necessary.
Pineapple juice. Make your own, or purchase something that is close to the real thing.
Honey. I prefer honey. But you may be able to substitute another sweetener that you like.
Corn starch. This is a thickening agent, so feel free to use whatever else you prefer. Arrowroot powder is a healthier alternative, if you can get your hands on it.
Pineapple. Try to choose bright yellow pineapples, compared to the pale yellow. They are riper and sweeter and just taste so much better!
Cilantro. It has got to be fresh if you’re going to put it in. You can omit the cilantro, but it’s never the same without it.
This is a sweet ham and pineapple stir fry. So if you have bell peppers feel free to add one in as well. Or, if you like heat, a jalapeno is delicious as well!
My favorite, and cheapest, way to enjoy this is over a bowl of rice.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Chicken, Rice, and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- Easy Meatball Recipe
- Sautéed Mushrooms Recipe
- Corn and Beef Taquitos Recipe
Ham and Pineapple Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, cubed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium sized frying pan, melt butter and add the ham, green onion, salt and pepper. Sautee for about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the pineapple juice, honey and cornstarch. Add mixture to the frying pan along with the pineapple.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and cook for about another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with rice or a turkey dinner.