This chicken breast brine recipe is key to making delicious chicken breasts every time. Whether you like them baked, pan-fried or grilled, this chicken brine recipe adds just the right amount of flavor and moisture needed to make this a delicious meal every time.
Allowing your meat to soak in this brine for as little as thirty minutes can make a huge difference. However, the longer that you allow the meat to brine, the more flavorful and the juicier your meat will turn out. With that said, overnight is about as long as you need to go for maximum results.
These chicken breasts are perfect for Caesar salads, casseroles, pizza’s, pasta dishes and many other dishes that call for chicken breasts.
You can also use this brine on pork and turkey as well as whole birds. The key is to make sure all the meat is covered, so if you have a lot of meat, or if you are brining a whole bird you’ll need to double, triple or maybe even quadruple this recipe.
This is a very basic brine recipe, but you can easily build it up by adding your favorite herbs and spices that you like on your meats.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Chicken, Rice, and Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- Creamy Pasta with Italian Sausage and Ground Beef
- Cajun Seasoning Recipe
- Italian Seasoning Recipe
Chicken Breast Brine Recipe
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Dissolve salt in warm water. Add the rest of the water and bring to room temperature (20-22 Celsius – 68-71.6 Fahrenheit).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Place chicken breasts in a large, zippered, plastic bag and pour the brine over the chicken. Close the bag and refrigerate in the fridge for about at least 1-2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the brine and pat dry.
- Transfer chicken to a greased baking dish and bake, uncovered, at 450 F for about 20-30 minutes, give or take, until baked through. (74 C / 165 F)