Here is my first post for the crochet business blogging challenge – three days late, but I figure it’s better late than never. Thank you Sara for the prompt and for the inspiration!
My business is CrochetN’Crafts. I also own Crochet Pattern Bonanza, as well as this blog. Other places that I write for are hubpages and tumblr, with hubpages being my favorite of the two. I am a crochet pattern designer, and although I want to sell my patterns some day, I am currently offering all patterns for free. When I do get to selling them, I will sell them on my website, as well as on Etsy, Craftsy, Ravelry and other online venues.
My job duties for CrochetN’Crafts are as follows:
- Get an idea and make a sketch of the finished item.
- Write the pattern down.
- Crochet the first copy of the design and make necessary changes to the pattern.
- Make as many copies as needed in order to get all the bugs worked out.
- Request the pattern be tested.
- Work with my testers on the pattern in order to make it clear and understandable.
- Publish the pattern.
- Then market until the cows come home. 🙂 I have not been very active in this area, but I’m hoping to be more social in the coming year.
My duties for Crochet Pattern Bonanza:
- Since the directory uses an image along with a link to each pattern, I will need to get permission from each designer to use their images for linking purposes. I have not always done this in the past, but I will start doing so and also contact all designers whose images I’m already using.
- Once permission is granted, I can go ahead and get the images and links and add them to the directory. My goal is to add anywhere between 25 – 50 new patterns each day. So if you have a free crochet pattern site and would like a link back, please send me an email and I will add you asap.
- And once again, I will need to market the site through social media every day.
So much to do, yet so little time. I sometimes wonder if there were 48 hours in the day would we get everything done that we want to get done, or would we still continue to busy ourselves with so much more that we’d still fall behind?